Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, September 6, 2013

Week 1: Social Media/ Template Choice

Which social media platforms seem geared towards personal use and which ones seem to work better for business?

I Haven't come across to many but from the ones that I have came across I think Facebook can be used for both personal and business. I personally use it to stay connected to my family and friends and I also follow some of my favorite shows that have their own facebook page. I believe over the years for businesses it has turned into a great platform to stay connected to it's consumers and interact with people in such a personal level. It also gives companies advantages when they see competitors post's and follows comments on products and etc.

Twitter: I believe is one media site that the entrainment industry has taken over a lot. The use of hash tags is everywhere now a days, you see it in music videos , tv shows, and commercial. I see more the entertainment and business side getting more use of twitter then personal.

Instagram: Is one I think is a more personal use then business because its geared more to people sharing personal photos of there choice allowing for others to comment on. I believe in the future business will find a way to incorporate it more then they are now.

Youtube: What started off as a site for personal video use has expanded to both personal and business use. It has become one of the biggest platform not only for people but for business to get things out there and seen to millions of people.

Template Choice 

I ended up going with an template that really caught my eye. I love abstract and bright colors which is one of the reasons I choose this template. I also liked the fact that it wasn't like the rest I found it really unique and eye catching.


4 comments:

  1. I defiantly agree with Twitter being for more business than personal. I think the site was intended for personal use, but many people do not care what you are doing constantly unless you are either famous, or a large business/company. Great template choice, I enjoy the color selection :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't agree with you more in regards to Twitter and hashtags. It's everywhere you look and it's become so trendy that people abuse (more likely misuse) it. Take Facebook for example. The integration of hashtags is more a trend than a search device.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firstly, Marissa, nice template choice - bright and fun! Yes, I definitely agree with you regarding Twitter. If a regular person tweets, it is very rarely noticed in all the noise... I haven't used Instagram yet so thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't agree that Twitter is less of a personal medium than business. Personally, I think businesses have a harder time with their Twitter strategies than other social media formats because of the limiting character factor. You want to convey ideas or answer questions that can't always be answered in a short format. If you're using Twitter for business it's usually as part of an integrated strategy to answer questions, have contests, and to connect with people on a more personal level than other mediums. Twitter is texting 2.0 - you don't have to have their phone number just an account name or hashtag to get your viewpoint to them.

    ReplyDelete