Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Week 2: Difficulty communicating with a business

Have you ever experienced difficulty communicating with a business?

I personally haven't had any trouble communicating with any businesses but I have seen my sister have  a few run ins with them. My sister has a 5 month old baby and was using luvs diapers which she found not to be the best suited for her, she tried for days to call customer service to write a compliant but never got in touch with anyone, so her husband decided to take a picture of the experience with the diaper and post it on there Facebook page and within a couple of hours they had someone from the company get in touch with them about their issue. I was amazed to see that all it took was a little social exposure for a company to respond back to a customer, it does seem to be the fastest more eye catching way. I believe there use of the companies Facebook page turned a negative experience to a positive one cause not alone were they heard , they also got to inform other customers on there experiences with the companies product and I'm sure it made some kind of change even if it was a small one.

2 comments:

  1. I agree! Putting pressure on a company's image will garner a fast reaction! Especially with something like a diaper since the whole image is that a diaper protects! I never thought of contacting the diaper companies when my son had issues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the real life story on how it does help to use social media to reach out to the various businesses.

    ReplyDelete